Metronidazole side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anybody had any side effects from metronidazole? I've been taking them for a week and I seem to be extra tired and had a lot of headaches. Not sure if it is caused by these

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have been on that medication for a month now and the side effects are horrible. I have stayed tired, kept headaches, a metallic taste in my mouth, decreased appetite, soft stools. It's totally messes up your GI track. Make sure to eat yogurt in the morning like activia and take a probiotic at night and continue to do that for 3 months after coming off of the medication. 

• Posted

I was on it for 7 days, then 6 days through IV in the hospital, then 7 more days and now 20 days.
  • Posted

Oh that explains why I have a weird headache.   Although I do feel like my bacterial vaginitis is still with me after a three day course of clydmyocin after the metro gel..  

Any of you ladies dealing with the pain and burning after the medicine ? I had a double whammy a yeast and bv infection.  My dr said if this doesn't work next step is boric acid suppositories ...my only symptom right now is pain and burning which is very annoying and uncomfortable and I feel it more when I sit down ..

Renee 

• Posted

Yes there are terrible side effects I took Tindamax and couldn't go to class for 2 days it has me dizzy and lathargic it's in the Metronidazole family. I'm going to visit the dermatologist for CO2 laser treatments Google it

• Posted

My antibiotics are finished now and they haven't helped. I'm back to square one sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.