Metronidazole Vaginal Gel = No Period

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I used metronidazole gel and now my period is late.  I can't find any information regarding missed period while using this medicine.  I have never been late.  My husband has been offshore for 3 months so I know I'm not pregnant.  I get my period faithfully. I finished the cream 2 weeks ago.  Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I never used the gel. It doesn't cause period not to come. As you get older your body changes. I wouldn't worry. Give it some time.

• Posted

This is 100% false information and the very reason people should seek advice from their healthcare professionals.

Advice from people online especially those who state they have never used a product but claim knowledge can be dangerous.

• Posted

Whatever happened? I recently have taken this medication and now am going thru the same thing. Did your period go back to normal? Any info is fearfully appreciated!
  • Edited

Yes, the cream and pill forms can interrupt your cycle.

Please seek advice from you medical professional.

It is much safer than advice from strangers online. Especially those who do not even know what they're talking about/never even experienced it or those who do not have the same experiences.

It can cause skipped periods and take a month or two to get back on track.

Yes, I do work in the field and actually know this to be a fact.

• Edited

This is really alot of help, I am experiencing the same thing. There is no information online about it.

• Edited

I have never had that issue using that cream interfering with my period, ever. Although, it is very possible it could have did something to your cycle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.