Metropol feedback

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone using or formerly using Metropol? What's your experience?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I have a very long thread on this website you can look it up by my name and read all about my particular nightmare with it and there’s a few others that chimed in with they’re  experience as well

It’s a horrible drug. The FDA should pull this drug and doctors should be more educated on the side effects and more in their patients before taking it and not just handed out like a quick fix to a hypertension issue.  In addition Patients should definitely do their homework on this drug  before ever taking one pill and then decide if the risk and bad side effects are worth it. It nearly destroyed my life but thankfully I was able to taper off of it slowly

• Posted

I found the Metropol hotel in Moscow very good, 9/10.

Regarding "metoprolol", It would be helpful if you provided more information. Is the metoprolol your only medication? Is this solely for hypertension or do you have other heart issues. How high is your blood pressure?

If Metoprolol is the only drug prescribed, and you have no other heart issues, I would be looking for a new doctor to treat my hypertension. Beta blockers are no longer a preferred first line drug due to the higher incidence side effect than other very effective drugs. Some older doctors continue prescribing them because they are more familiar with beta blockers than the new better medications.

Beta blockers were horrible for me. The change was very slow and subtle. Over the course of a year or two I gained 20-30 pounds, had persistent fatigue that was almost debilitating, all of which was leading to worsening depression

When I finally got off the beta blockers, which was not easy, I quickly began feeling much better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.