MGD

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am scheduled for a Lipiflow treatment. After 6 months of conjunctivitis symptoms I have been diagnosed with blepharitis, ocular rosacea and MGD. I have recently started taking Xiidra and a whole bunch of antibiotics etc. Has anyone had this lipiflow procedure?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise,

This is the first time I hear of it. I will be interested to know how well it works for you and whether it is permanent. The type of treatment that I received for dry eyes, was punctual plugs inserted in the tear canal. They worked wonderfully but it turned out to be only temporary. 

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise95455. I had lipoflow about 5wks ago. It is early days yet, but l have only noticed a slight improved. My mgd glands were extremely blocked, even so l hoped for a better result. I have this morning had another blephex treatment, to clean my eyelids. You should give the lipoflow a try Denise, because you may get some relief at least. Good luck.
    • Posted

Sorry you haven’t had much improvement yet but maybe it takes time. I guess I’ll take a chance on it helping me because I’ll try anything but I think the cost is ridiculous for a 12 minute treatment. Good luck. 
  • Posted

I had the LipiFlow done a few years ago when I was first diagnosed.  It did not help me.  Maybe you will have better results.  Good Luck!
    • Posted

I haven’t heard from anyone who had good results. Maybe I should wait awhile before doing it. I have started Xiidra and a whole bunch of things and starting to feel better. 
  • Posted

I had lipoflow done in London. The cost approx. £1500 quite expensive, especially if your result is not as good as you hoped. Good luck taking the Xiildra. I must admit l have never heard of this. Would be interested to hear how you got on. x

• Posted

I will let you know how I do with Xiidra. Thanks for your input on lipiflow. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.