MGD and dry eye. Everyone thinks its no big deal.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Newly diagnosed. No one thinks a thing of it. Dry eye. Put some drops in,problem solved. I used to think the same. Never realized how complicated it can be to get the right treatment and relief. My eyes arent very red,so I think they think im exaggerating. Well I am trying my best to feel better and not avoid doing things but hard to do when your eyes burn and your vision gets blurry. What do I do? It makes me feel almost as bad as my eyes.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Lee.....I just got diagnosed with mgd a month ago. I started using the wet wipes that Lynda79 used to cure her blepharitis. Lynda79 gives details how she cured her blepharitis on this site. I am amazed how much improvement I have had in four weeks.

I am only using the heat compress twice a week after finding out heat grows the infection. I plan on following Lynda79 ' s plan and then following up with two drops tea tree oil mixed with one tablespoon olive oil rubbed into my lashes each night. After I get done with the wipes I plan on using the heat compress every morning. Hope you can find your plan that is successful.

Take care....Dawn

• Posted

Hi,can you private message me the name of the wipes. Would really apprecite it.
    • Posted

The heat seems to agravate mine at times.think I have an infected gland from it.
    • Posted

Hi dawn.. I just wanted to ask.. so you have been using the wet ones for mgd?? I thought they just worked for Anterior blephartis thsts the type on the eyelashes, the bacteria type.. your saying that you wipe the wet ones on your eyelid oil glands? Or do you just clean the eyelashes with them? Because mgd and Anterior blephartis are totally different
  • Posted

find Dawn's plan, try it and find other blogs that may help. you will find what is right for you.  A main point is not to give up and to continue your strategies as it can get worse if not nipped in the bud now. Dry eyes can be handled well and you will likely always need to csre for the dry eyes.  There are intensive dry eye drops. Get yourself and the doctor on the same page for treatment.  Mine weren't and my eyes worsened to where the glands are inflamed and eyes red much of the time, although some days are pretty good and that's when i may fall back on care!.  .
    • Posted

Thank you. This is all new to me. Til mid march. No problems. I keep trying to figure out what triggered it.
  • Posted

Like dawn suggests, try the wet wipes
  • Posted

Lee,

They are called Wet Wipes.....you can get them at Walmart or even the grocery store in the US......or buy them online. Make sure you get the antibacterial wipes not the housecleaning ones. All the information on how to use them is on this site under forums.....type in Linda79 blepharitis.

I cut the wipe into 8 squares and with a q tip wrap one square around the tip. Then I place the tip on the inner eye lid and brush the roots of my eyelashes underneath on the rims. Push up on the eyelash roots and rub gently back and forth to get the solution into the eyelash roots. Then close your eye and sweep the top eyelash roots twice. Throw away that wipe and use another one (wrapped in a qtip) on the bottom lash rim....sweep twice. Then do the second eye.....repeat .....so you do it twice on each lash area....clean lids each two times using a total of eight sections.

I have the gland clogging posterior blepharitis and it is working on me. When the gland gets clogged the natural bacteria that is in the eye can create an environment that promotes bacterial growth. So whether we have posterior or anterior we still are trying to kill the bacteria. I am thinking that we can control this by constantly using the heat compresses and preservative free eye drops to maintain symptom free eyes. I do not claim to know everything about this.....I just started my journey a month ago......everything I am telling you I got from Lynda79.....I just wanted to let you know that my improvement is short of a miracle.

I think the secret is to do the wipes according to Lynda79 schedule for 3 to 4 months.....not missing a day. I am only using the compress twice a week since heat causes the bacteria to grow.....I may have to change that....don't know yet.

• Posted

Do the wipes irritate the dry eye symptoms though?
    • Posted

I honestly don't know. ....I have developed dry eyes at night....but I don't care. ...I want to get rid of the bacteria first and then care for the other symptoms later because this bacteria can make your eyes miserable. I am going to put lubricant eye drops in my eyes before going to bed and see if that helps
    • Posted

I have dry eyes from mgd,seasonal allergies are not helping either. Just didnt want to increase the irritation. I am seeing my eye doc wed and will ask about the wipes.
  • Posted

Lee....these wipes can be very dry to the skin that they contact. So about an hour after I do the wipes I put some almond oil on a qtip and go over the skin under my eyes and on the lids making sure I do not get close to the eye lids.....smile
  • Posted

I meant to say....do not get close to the eyelashes....smile
    • Posted

Keep me posted in how its working.fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.