Mh team..can they stop seeing you

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can your therspist stop seeing u if u self harm/overdose..im really worried about this..help

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

K8861

Your therapist may decide that She is not suitable in treating you, or you may move on better with a different approach. There should not be anything personal in that decision.

However have you been unresponsive to your treatment plan. You need to understand there are upwards of ten  different approaches in the treatment of Depression and Anxiety I understand. Have you failed to follow the advice given by this CPN, ETC

BOB

• Posted

I took their advice... but its early days..maybe 8 weeks in. I took an overdose following various accumilating events
    • Posted

It may be you will be given a new CPN 

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Wow, build trust in someone just to have that ripped away by procedure....sounds like a failure on the part of the system and not the patient when I read this. 8 weeks is what about 15% of the total year? thats a pretty short amount of time to decide if a practice works.........IMO therapists  run the gambit of being complete hacks that can practice whatever they think is best even if it isn't....to decent people that want to help but the $$$$$$$ goes up the better they are. My advice is read a lot to help yourself and maybe go to group meetings to try to socialize yourself with people who deal with similar issues.  I don't know you obviously but IMO suicidal thoughts can come from deep isolation- so any kind of social immersion therapy is what I like to call it. I can provide you with some referrals for that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.