Mickel Therapy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, anyone tried this therapy technique yet?  Noticed this was asked 4 months ago on this forum but with only one response.  It's very costly so don't want to rush into it.  Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, 

I've not tried it but friend of friend has for fibro and had fantastic results. 

She was almost wheel chair bound, and in a short time said she could have gone skiing. 

V diff to know what to go for alt therapy wise as all so v v costly. I'm off for Reiki Friday - first session but it's. £35 a pop. Have u tried it or any others? 

Xx

• Posted

Hi, I've had ME/FMS for 22 yrs but only was diagnosed a couple of years ago.  My Mum said I had a bad back so I went to a few different Oestopaths for years. Tried Acupuncture, Cranial Oestopath, Massage, Hydrotherpy, Bowen Therapy. They all say they can help then after about 6 months admitted it wasn't.  Can you post how your Reiki session goes? Thanks
  • Posted

I've heard of it, but haven't known anyone who has done it, and like you say, it's expensive. 
  • Posted

I met Dr. Mickel when he was in the US, he visited with an MD I was seeing for a while as the MD was going into this therapy.....I can't remember all of it, but I didn't pursue it....I believe Mickel is from Scotland. I don't think there are many who do this work, it takes special training of course.
    • Posted

If you can't remember him then he couldn't of been / said anything that was earth moving in terms of ME/CFS curing.
  • Posted

No I haven't. I just want to feel better like you I have really had enough of this illness, there just doesn't seem to be any end to it. It is getting people to understand I just think they don't want to and have there own slant on it.

Shall I just go to bed and not get up again. This is not my way of dealing with it. I pace myself and try not to do too much, but it is so so difficult.

Especailly when I have had it for at least 32 years.

In the past I have spent £500 on homeopathy a total con. £320 on reverse therapy even more of a con. I have tried amygdala re-training it sort of worked up to a point.

Alison

• Posted

It's so hard cos you'll spend the money if you know it will fix you.  But when we've spent so much and not been fixed it is so hard to keep taking the risks.

My hubby says, ME/CFS is not just in the mind, therefore how can something which only works with your mind fix it?  Inthat I think he maybe has got to be right.

Julie

• Posted

I decided never to work out how much I've spent over the years.  Definately too much seen as I still have itexclaim xxx
    • Posted

I have rememberd how much I have spent because it make me very angry that these people just pray on the vunerabilities
    • Posted

That's why I'm not going to think of the amounts spent cos I'll feel the same!

You've mentioned that you have had ME/CFS for 32 years. Did you have it from childhood like me?  We can't actually put a date on it cos it was too long ago but I'm thinking mine was from about 14years old.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.