Micro bumps on bottom of shaft next to foreskin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

These bumps have not changed in two months. They don't itch. I thought herpes at 1st but nothing popped or scabbed. Worried about HPV, hoping they're Fordyce spots. I had to stretch the skin quite a bit to get the picture. I have an apt with my GP on Wednesday, but I'm losing my effing mind right now. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are they itchy?

Doesn't seems like warts.

You are alright , don't take stress.

• Posted

They don't itch.

I even tried the acetowhite test, 5% acetic acid white vinegar cotton ball applied to area for 10 mins, negative no white areas. Read too many articles, but they say that test is only 30% effective in confirming a diagnosis.

Thank you for the encouragement.

• Posted

Have you tested for HSV-1 & 2?

If not then get tested for it, although most probably you would be negative.

If they are not itchy then most probably they are forcyde spots, completely harmless.

• Posted

Doesnt look like an std, probably just skin irritation.

Try some over the counter hydrocortizone for any irritation, if that doesnt help over a week then I'd say is something you have had for a while and just havent noticed it.

Are you circumcised?

• Posted

Yes.

These bumps are presenting on the left of the shaft next to the foreskin.

• Posted

Is it in a circle formation? Could be ringworm. Based off of the info I gave I can tell you this is most definitely NOT herpes.

• Posted

The doc took a look and and said it was nothing he was concerned about. Said when HPV presents it's obvious.

My blood pressure is up though, probably from the nervousness.

Thank you everyone!

• Posted

Thanks for letting us know! Good luck and come back anytime you need to!

• Posted

I have the exact same thing. I sent some photos to Dermatologistoncall.com and got a reply from a licensed dermatologist that they looked like. "I agree that this looks like normal bumps that occur on the shaft of the penis. The description above of skin tags is pretty general, but they happen often in this area. While they do not concern me much for a sexually transmitted disease..."

I am still a little nervous but good to hear from someone with the same thing and having heard it was nothing to worry about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.