MICROADENOMA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, my friend is being treated for microadenoma. He had high level of prolactin. He is taking scriptin 1.25mg daily. Will it be cured and what are chances of living normal life.

please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I also have microadenoma that secretes prolactin, discovered 1 year ago, but I'm taking Dostinex. Your friend can live a normal life. In some cases, the microadenoma may be withdrawn but may reappear again at some point or not withdraw and enlarge. It depends a lot on his reaction to the drugs. My doctors tell me that the most important thing is to eliminate as much stress as possible and not to get angry anymore, because a pressure forms on the adenoma, and if it is active (as is the case with your friend) it can increase. Also, depending on his body, he may have severe headaches. I am facing with this. He must not be scared, he will learn to manage them in time, but he must be careful not to produce them alone (for example, in my case, quarrels with other people, too much sun exposure without a hat or something, fatigue, unhealthy sleep). It is not known exactly why micro / macroadenomas appear, but it's good for the rest of his life to be careful not to stress and to look for a good endocrinologist doctor, who will listen to all his doubts and concerns.

I wish you much health!

• Posted

hii, thanks for great information.

what are side effects of medicine?

• Posted

Side effects also depend on the person and depending on the drug. I personally had severe fatigue at first, I was getting up from bed hard, light sensitivity, slackness and those headaches I said, now I have just this. But the problems that occur most often (which I also have) are thyroid problems. I now have hyperthyroidism as the cause of the treatment (I haven't had it before) and I am also taking treatment for it. Other strange symptoms may occur, but it depends on the doctor if he will consider them. I have had side effects from the beginning, from the first month, if your friend has not had so far, it may not have at all. He must be very careful what other medicines he is going to take (including for a cold), he should ask his family doctor or read the prospectuses carefully . I made a mistake once and took a strong drug and in combination with the adenoma drugs( because the medicine always stays in the body, it takes 1-3 months to remove it, after the treatment has stopped) I ended up in the hospital. It must be understood that micro / macroadenomas are problems of the endocrine system and other parts of the body can be affected. But again, nothing to be scared about, he will live normally, but with treatment. He must find an endocrinologist to explain all his concerns, and if he does not find from the beginning or feels he is not listened to, keep searching. This disease is treated very superficially by some doctors because there are not so often cases where life is endangered, but in any case, he has the right to have a doctor who will care for him, because in the end it is a chronic disease.

I wish you much health!

• Edited

I had a microadenoma for 6yrs before finally just having the surgery to remove it. Took bromocriptine all those years, but it didn't shrink it. When they removed it, it was 4mm but I was getting impatient as I had been married for 8 yrs by then and we wanted to start a family before my 30's. Had it removed at 26, and had our first baby at 28. Best decision of my life. Hope the med works!

• Edited

Everything has been great! We had three children(ages now are 22, 21, and 15). No complications or anything other than an annoying little scab that is constantly in one nasal passage where they made an incision to get to my pituitary to remove the tumor. But I figure its just something I will live with the rest of my life.

• Posted

I had the same surgery but they were unable to get all of the tumor out as some was on the pituitary stalk they said. I am back on Cabergoline to help reduce the size but so far it has stayed about the same size. I am afraid it will never go away.

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.