Microbacterium Avium in the lungs

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband has this desease in his lung. He does not have HIV.  He does have severe emphysema. He has been on the meds for the bacteria for 4 months and still has intense breathing problems. He is on oxygen. His breathing is problems are with walking mostly. Does any one know anything about this disease?   Thank u.  Sandy

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sandy, what exactly do you want to know about it?
    • Posted

I'm just scared he won't survive this. He is 62. His lungs are his only issue.   That's enough I know. How do u know he is getting better?  How one does it take?  He is going to rehab. Taking the appropiate antibiotics. Has been now since Feb.  He quit work in January of 17. His infectious desease dr said his lungs sound better than they did. But also said he should be feeling better, I didn't ask her how better?  He also has emphysema, just found out how bad, can't remove the cavity in his lung because of it.  I don't know, just any suggestion on how to cope, or what to do to make things better, what he can do. Any thing he should stay away from or mot do? Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.