Microfracture Surgery: Post-op Pain?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So 7 days ago I had micro-fracture surgery on my ankle to help with a cartilage lesion. I am non-weight bearing for 2 weeks. Up until yesterday the pain has been very mild, I didn’t even need to take any pain meds the day before.

Yesterday I changed over my bandage as it was all bloody and had people coming over, but left the under-layers be. I checked it wasn’t too tight by pressing on my toes and the colour returned. By the evening I started experiencing an immense blood rush type pain every time I stood. I can feel all the blood and fluid rush to it as I move from laying to standing and whatever is happening is excruciating. I was not experiencing this for the first 5 or 6 days after surgery, so I'm concerned as to why is had started now.

Anyone know if this normal or experience similar? I am worried I messed with things by re-bandaging!

Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.