Microfracture surgery with allograft

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had microfracture surgery with allograft transplantation done? I had it about 16 days ago still completely bon weight bearing. I hate it. How long does it take to heal? Ended up in hospital from pain meds impacting me for 4 days. Really wishing i had not done anything at this point. Just want to cry.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I dontknow anything about the surgery, but my heart goes out to you. I hope the pain will soon lessen and you start to feel better soon. Debbie
  • Posted

I had microfracture done, not sure if I had the allograft,,maybe I was lucky, I had no problems,,and it gave me another two years before I needed a TKR, which was always on the cards.

16 days is not long, give it time, it will help you.x.

• Posted

Really omg that gives me hope. How long were non weight bearing? Did u have to wear brace for a ling time? They r telling me 6 to 8 months.
    • Posted

Never wore a brace, used a stick for about a week. Weight bearing the same day But as I say I don't know if I had the graft.

I didn't realise it was quite a big op, and carried on as normal, I was used to pain and had had a few arthroscopies.

Then I twisted my knee coming down the steps and rang the hospital,who told me in no uncertain terms that I had to rest.

Got back to my normal self, with pain a lot better, fairly soon.

I had my second TKR last August, both knees done and glad they are.

They are stiff at times but if and when you go down that route, it is 100% worth it to get rid of the arthritis pain

• Posted

My deepest sympathies for your pain. I had the TKR surgery for both of my knees, but I believe no fractures. But it definitely sounds like something you want to work with your surgeon on and follow his/her instructions closely so as to know what to do to relieve the pain and not make anything structurally worse.

I hope for some relief for you soon.

God's blessings and healing. Deb.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.