Microgynon

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've just started taking these today to try and sort hormones out after they've been flaring for weeks on end, is it normal to feel a little weird when first starting out like mood wise?? Just feel abit unusual

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had then American issue, I took this pill for 7 months and everyone around me noticed a change in me. I became down, emotional, and I would get angry at literally anything anyone said. However when I came off the pill I noticed a change within a week! Everyone is different but the mood swings for me with this pill was unbearable for me, and everyone around me! Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

The same issue* 
    • Posted

I got put on it for hormonal reasons because I suddenly developed anxiety out of absolute thin air and my mum seems to think it's hormonal imbalance so my doctor gave this to me, I don't really know if it's made a change because about 3 days into taking it I started to feel better and then I was getting on my way again for about 2/3 weeks but this monday which is like a week before my normal period I started to feel it again.. I don't really know
  • Posted

Hiya, I've had the Microgynon pill for just about a year and a half now and I have definitely noticed a change in mood... This pill also made me gain a little bit of weight so I've asked to be put on a different brand... According to my doc it's the oldest brand of The Pill out there, so there are more side effects and/ or the side effects are more exaggerated. I'd advise you to ask for a different brand if you have continued trouble while on this contraceptive. Hope I helped a little. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.