Microgynon help !!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all! (Sorry for the long ass question) 

So I feel like I’ve been on every form of contraception on the planet and none seem to be doing any good for me.  Many pills were unsuitable, the implant made me crazy anxious & depressed & the last one I was on gave me adult acne and a massive weight gain. (Which i know comes with the package but still-but 3 Stone?!!!!! ). So due to some on going ovary issues and the acne/weight gain I took myself to the doctors for some advice. My doctor changed my pill to Microgynon (which can apparently help with the ovary issues I’m having) and booked me in for another ultrasound scan to see what was going on down there. I got my new pills and started my period a day later therefore started the pill. Since, I have barely had a period?! I came on 5 days ago and it has just been a slight brown water but no actual period? Usually I’m full blown ouch from day 1-5... Is this normal? Can the pill actually get into my system this fast? 

Can someone who is on, or has been on Microgynon just give me your knoweledge and experiences (acne, mood swings, lighter periods, weight gain etc just anything) I feel like if I don’t get on with this pill then I’m just going to have to give up all together & start using condoms. 

Are pills even worth it???? Yes they stop you from having an unwanted pregnancy but I just feel like they cause more then they’re worth? Help a girl out. I’m just having a middle of the crisis 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.