Microgynon worry, please help :-(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I'm hoping to get some info about Microgynon as I didn't have a period during my seven day break. I ALWAYS have a period, is this normal? I have the Merina coil too so it's very unlikely I'm pregnant but is it still possible to conceive with double contraception (the Microgynon is to help with mood swings and the Merina is my main contraception)

Also I had a super super faint line on a pregnancy test. Some can see it, some can't. When I made the photo darker in black and white it's really obvious. Is that line just the chemicals underneath?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your best option is to have a doctor do a pregnancy test there tests are alot more accurate than shop brought and if not they will give your more information

How long have you had your mirena coil in ?

• Posted

Hi sarah92c thanks for your reply, I've had the mirena since summer 2014. I've bought clearblue digital although I'm not sure when to use it for an accurate result, does a missed seven day break period counts as when your last period was due?
    • Posted

I dont think the seven day break will give you accurate period time

I personally think you are not having a period because of you being on two forms of contraception and BOTH are used to reduce or completely stop periods all together

I know because ivee had both to help my problem (ive been on a period for two years) weve tried everything to stop it.

However what I will say the mirena coil I had in November 2014 I had it taken out Thursday just gone because of serious problems with it please be carefull with it .

Xxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad time, I hope things get better for you quickly. Thank you for your advice smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.