micronised’ progesterone UK

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

What different ways are there of taking progesterone in the UK? I take utrogestan 200mg for 12 days a month. They make me feel awful, dizzy and tired. MY GP says there is no other way of taking them and said I could have the coil, but Im not sure I want one.

Is anyone taking suppositories or creams and are they as effective?

Thanks

Kelly

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yes like you was on oral utrogestan , l felt terrible but now switch on 200 vaginal suppostries day 1 to 10 of the month much better no side affects i do get a bleed but ok with that , i have try many progesterone as we found i am intolerant but this one so far is fine , do try before coil ...good luck

• Posted

thanks! I have put in a request at this very moment for the suppositories. 😃 x

• Posted

so my doctor wont prescribe the pessairies and its off label! x

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Do you have access to bio identical progesterone? Prometrium is the generic. Also some women can't tolerate 200 mg . I am on 100 mg oral bio identical and have no issues . Our body handles what it knows best. Synthetic hormones are not accepted by our body as well as natural bio identical . That goes for estrogen too . I was given a 200 mg progesterone once and i felt like i had the flu In bed all day could not function. I would also recommend finding a good doctor well versed in hormone therapy. It is key to having success with hormone treatment .

• Posted

hi i have heard diffrent area of uk wont prescribe certain brands ..i am under a consultant so maybe thats why i have been prescribed and as Jude said we all so different as individuals with what suits us..wish you lots luck i am just finally so pleased i have found the right combination that suits me, beleive me not been easy and HRT not a miracle cure , we can still get fluctuating hormones so my consultant told me ...wishing you lots luck ladies

• Posted

Hi is that call Utrogestan in the UK? I think its the one closest to natural progesterone.

xx

• Posted

I also dont have ovaries so I dont think I will fluctuate as much as if I went through natural menopause - but then Im not sure haha xx

• Posted

Kelly,

I see the utrogestan is bio identical. You said you don't have your ovaries. Do you have your uterus.? Why I ask is you wouldn't need the progesterone to protect your uterus. Have you thought about trying estrodial and testosterone to relieve your symptoms? Is pellet therapy available in your area?

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I have my uterus. Hw is estrodail different to the patches Im on? And I dont know about pellet therapy - I have a feeling my gp isnt that good. haha xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.