Micronor Side Effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am wanting some advice or to see if anyone has had similar experiences to me?! I started Micronor 6 weeks ago after countless failings with other contraception (can't take the combined pill and had no luck with the coil)...I have since had side effects such as bloating, IBS, headaches, fatigue, REALLY bad spots (I have never suffered from spots - even as a teenager..just the odd one or two - I now have 7 big red ones). My period came as normal but all the other symptoms are hard work and I don't know whether to stick it out if they'll wear off....or if they will worsen?! I read about possibly taking vitamins to help but not sure which are best? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh I also have very very tender breasts and they've got bigger!!
  • Posted

Hi there! I had similar problems if I was not bleeding all the time my boobs hurt when I say hurt they did more than when I had mastitis after my baby was born and trying to breast feed.

Actually everything with contraception didn't work like before the birth.every different pill then had a reaction. I now have a coil,I.was restricted to the mirena due to weight and age. Mirena is a hormone coil, if I could choose I would have gone for the copper one. They both make period pain worse and longer for 6 months ish. But the copper one lasts 10 years'. But there is loads out there if u have no complications arm implant, norvo ring or patches.

If the pain of the coil put u off so people tell me, I had local anesthetic and I had a biopsy at the same time. 1 injection hurt the rest was a walk in the park. Belive me I am a whimp and have no tolerance of pain, I waited last minute to have my baby and from day one I begged for a c section,and it wasn't till I was induced and it didn't work I got one.

So belive me I know how u feel. Don't know where u live im in the UK so we have a family planning centre as well as the doctors.

I was refered to hospital for the coil as I wanted a general anesetic, cause I'm a whimp. As I needed a biopsy was needed at my visit and put on the spot I had a local anesetic. I felt one needle nothing else, so never be worried about pain, well that's my input. I hope I helped a bit. X

• Posted

Hey! Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately I have already had the coil - I went for the copper one as I seem to have bad side effects with hormones (I've literally tried everything - after coming off the combined pill due to migraines, I tried cerazette, the implant - I then got the coil) I had this for 6 months and loved it at first but I am prone to UTI's and found this made them worse - to the point of having one for 3 months, it was awful. I didn't find the insertion too painful, mainly uncomfortable - but as you said about period pains increasing - I did find that if you take vitamin E a couple days before you're due and right through your period it helps stop them being as heavy and painful. I read this up on a few forums and websites and tried it out and it actually worked - I couldn't believe it!! I was happy on the coil up until the UTI problem which is why I am now struggling to try and find something else. I may have to give the coil another go rolleyes Hope this helps you too and thanks for your reply smile
    • Posted

Thanks for that, who ever thought contraception would be such a problem for some. If you tried drinking a good cranberry juice every day that is surpozed to stop uti 's, maybe research that n try the coil a try agan, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.