microscopic blood in urine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had this since September. Clear for infections, no urgency, flank pain comes and goes. Apart from that I have no symptoms and cannot understand where this blood is coming from. I am almost 50 and female. Dr has referred me for cystoscopy which will check bladder. this will not be for at least 8 weeks and I am getting really worried. Kidney function blood test came back clear. I had urgency at the start and had a weeks course of antibiotics which seemed to sort that. No burning at all. Can anyone help with what this may be or has anyone had similar experience? Thank you

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Same symptoms, blood in urine ( 3 times repeated urinalysis ) , pain over pubic bone sometimes flank pain , no bacteria found!

• Posted

Did you ever find out what the cause was? I have no idea what is wrong with me.
    • Posted

I know. That's the first thing you think of. Surely though if it was then cells would have been present in urine when tested? My Dr said it could be tiny blood vessels leaking in bladder, I have no discomfort, no symptoms and can't help fearing the worst. Cystoscopy not for another month at least😭

• Posted

I had the same, had cytoscopy and was clear. No idea whats going on rolleyes

• Posted

What does your doctor think? Did you do a ct to check your kidneys?

• Posted

I had a blood test for the kidneys and also an ultrasound, they are fine rolleyes Waiting for my next hosiptal appt to discuss and take it from there. I'm thinking overactive bladder but doesn't explain the blood...

• Posted

Let me know I am interested in finding out what your next step is! I have the urologist appointment on Monday but started my period, I wonder if they make you redo a urine test, obviously I wouldn't pass it .. lol

• Posted

I have had microscopic hematuria for 4 years! I've also had 3 occurrences for gross hematuria! I've been blown off my doctors for 4 years and I finally was sent to urology. The urologist did a white light cystoscopy and an abdominal and pelvic ct. all negative. And again I'm being blown off. I asked him why I'm bleeding then and he told me to go to my primary and make sure it isn't coming from my vagina. It's not!!! People don't just pee blood for no reason. I feel so helpless because nobody seems to take me seriously. It's because I'm 32, female, non smoker. I want the same work up that a 50 year male smoker would get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.