Microscopic blood in urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Worried urine always cloudy and sometimes no infection showing ! Have had stage 4 endometrial cancer 3 years ago. Had hysterectomy and 6 rounds of chemo.  Most times I have a urine test there is a trace of blood, not visible to the eye. Scared of bladder cancer. Have booked myself a private ultrasound of the bladder and kidneys tomorrow to put my mind at ease. They did scan me sometime ago and found nothing but that was just after my op three years ago,  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can understand why you are worried. I worry about everything health wise. I had recurrent symptoms of UTI not always with any infection present but urine tests revealed traces of non visible blood.

I asked to see a urologist who told me that non visible blood is common in ladies of a certain age (I am 64).  I had a cystoscopy which was uncomfortable but not painful, results showed nothing to worry about in my bladder.  I was prescribed medication for overactive bladder and long term low dose antibiotics to keep infections in check.  This was over 6 months ago and I have had no further symptoms and my repeat urine tests have all been crystal clear.

You are doing the right thing getting checked out.

Take care of yourself and please keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Lynne thanks for replying. I would have asked for one on the NHS which they wouldn’t have refused because of my cancer history but it isn’t too expensive so I’m having one tomorrow  privately. I’m glad you are better now. I’m 50 so I suppose with the hysterectomy and I’m on a drug to block oestrogen, as cancer was oestrogen fed, I’m more likely to get this happening. I’ll let you know how I get on.  

Take care too

• Posted

Will be thinking about you tomorrow.  I did have a ultrasound scan and an internal scan on NHS but still needed a cystoscopy which I had done privately at local Nuffield.

Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Lynne. All good. She said my kidneys and bladder looked very healthy. Such a relief !!! Speak soon 
    • Posted

Have been thinking about you. Fantastic news.

Keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.