Microscopic blood that won't go away

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have microscopic blood in my urine for a month now. Been to the doctor and hospital 5 times and I'm not getting any answers. Had an X-ray they found nothing, had antibiotics they did nothing. They said they had found no bacteria in urine. They also said my blood work is normal other than being anemic,which I is pretty common for me. Any thoughts??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leafs girl,

How old are you? Also did your doctor ask for an ultrasound of KUB?

• Posted

Hi I am 33. I had my utrasound kidney bladder and uterus done just waiting for results. I am really nervous about this whole thing. I live a healthy lifestyle though I wonder if this could at all linked with bowel problems.
    • Posted

Hey, I know. I am a male, 36. I went through 'anxiety hell' last year.

You're having microscopic hematuria. I had gross hematuria for three days. And then there was RBC in my urine from May till end of June. Doctors could not find anything wrong with me despite tests and imaging.

Then I passed a small stone with very sharp edges in August. I had urinary problems till December. Doing a little better now.

Just don't let the doctors have their way by not telling you what is wrong. If you think your uro and/or doc is not giving you all the answers, please try someone else.

You've most likely done your internet research already. It could be minor things like UTI, injury or slightly more like kidney stones. There are more serious stuff as well. But please wait for the reports to come out.

Even if the USG does not find anything, please remember that the USG will not pick up stones less than 3mm or stones which are shadowed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.