Mid back pain in pancreas area

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, has anyone experienced mid back pain around your pancreas area, especially during your period or ovulation? It flares during these times and just started doing this 3 months ago. One month it was on my right side, and now its always on my left. Of course my health anxiety flares and I fret thinking I have pancreatic cancer. Anyone else get this so I can calm myself?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Yes I have had this. I've been told that it's "muscular" when I've never had back issues my entire life. I had an abdominal CT 2 years ago as it started under my ribs (left side), then radiated to my back. My doctor was investigating kidneys, but I was fearful of pancreatic issues as well. I now get it radiating up higher in my mid/upper back, so of course I waver back and forth between blaming all of this awful stuff on perimenopause and some deadly cancer. It sometimes gets hard to understand and fathom that all of these dreadful feelings can be triggered by peri, so of course one can only speculate that something sinister has been growing over months and hasn't been found yet. It causes great amounts of health anxiety which is so upsetting to cope with. If it's any consolation, I have had this for years now. I still get anxious about it from time to time but I'm getting really exhausted from expecting a terrible diagnosis only to be told that testing doesn't reveal anything serious. Not that I want a terrible diagnosis, of course, it's just hard to believe that this is "nothing". All the best to you.
    • Edited

Jenni, thank you so much for responding! You put my mind at rest this evening and that means so much to me, especially when this anxiety ramps up. My hubby told me its muscular too, but I needed to hear it from other women going thru it.
    • Posted

It's so hard to understand and believe, isn't it? I am a level headed, common sense kind of girl, but this really plays with my mind. I can't even believe it sometimes, during my gloomy spells. I say that I wouldn't be gloomy if it weren't for the physical anomalies. It just sometimes overwhelms me if I feel really awful physically with seemingly no explanation - which in turn makes me feel doomy mentally. It's as though my mind/body cannot manage stress any longer, and the physical stuff stresses me out. This in turn creates health anxiety in me and I am so unhappy that I can't manage it. I would like to be told that this will end once my periods end for good...
    • Posted

Add on - there is a possibility that these feelings can be due to a sluggish colon, or issues in that area. I have dealt with constipation over the past 5 years (not horrendous, but troublesome as the issue came on fairly suddenly and never left - one of the early peri signs for me). During one ultrasound, a tech said that there can be pains/pressure in that area up under the left ribs/back due to the direction of the decending colon (the part of the colon where the stool is stored). The direction takes a sharp turn down, and it starts up fairly high under the left side/abdo. I have had these feelings without eating though so I had convinced myself that this couldn't be the issue. Who knows though - pain can radiate from different areas not connected to the actual spot. Such a guessing game that messes with your head   sad Take good care!
    • Edited

Oh my, this sounds like me right now! I am having pains under my ribs, plus the upper back pain between shoulders. I am so afraid it's something deadly, but try not to think about it. Just had gallbladder out, so not sure if it is coming from that or not. I so miss feeling "normal "!
    • Edited

Oh thank you for that. I do suffer from constipation and notice that its much worse if I haven't gone in awhile. I do hope all of this ends once the periods stop.
    • Posted

The fear is the worst sad I didn't have this 4-5 years ago, and it's gotten worse this past year due to the increase in NEW sypmtoms and various layers of aches/pains/twinges and downright pain that I've not experienced before. When you have A twinge, or AN ache, no problem...they go away and on with life. When they don't go away and new things layer on, then you worry that something is spreading or that something is completely off with your system. Then the worry - and the hormonal support that normally keeps you in balance doesn't help you anymore. It is exhausting managing the exhaustion from it all. I thought this was supposed to be the best time of our lives? I want my money back after buying into that Oprah nonsense. Best to those of you managing your own issues alongside me, from across the miles. It has given me some comfort reading about others who have had some of the same "odd" issues, so I'm thankful for the support in sharing.
    • Posted

Jenni, I couldn't agree more. You made me chuckle, but its so true. I want a refund as well. This peri stuff is for the birds
    • Edited

;D

Don't you remember Oprah's 50th - told everyone she felt the best she's felt in her entire life? Then Jamie Lee Curtis has a yoghurt and life is a bushel of roses for her too. Nevermind Gwen Stefani is a year or two older than me and has a perma-grin in every photo 'out there' with a baby on her hip. I don't know what I did to get initiated into THIS club, but I'm spend my Saturday nights looking up ovarian cancer and "why is my urine orange?". Things better perk up soon! 

• Posted

Lol I'm sorry but you really made me lUgh too with the Saturday night comment, guess I'm a member of this club too...... My husband looks over my shoulder now every time I'm online just to make SURE I'm not RESEARCHING MORE Symptons frown
    • Posted

LOL. You are so right. And by the way, I googled the orange urine thing too. Ha ha! This stage of my life is making me a bit off my rocker.
  • Posted

Yes.... And yes I've been convinced I have pancreatic "c" word too. Mine is more stabbing, then moves to the other side.

Today I'm in a world of pain, bloated, cramps pains. 

I'm in fact thinking about getting a celiac blood test done but dunno how accurate they are?

But yes snow me too -SOMEBODY TURN OUR BRAINS OFF ALREADY.....

• Posted

Ella, yes mine can move as well. I wish we could just shut them off when we need to.

Ive had celiac testing, it came out negative, but you could still be "gluten sensitive" and sadly no testing for that yet.

• Posted

You are right, sods wouldn't let me do it anyway...

Just today I've diagnosed myself with:

CHRONIC CONSTATION

PANCREATITS

STOMACH ULCER

CELIACS DISEASE

INSANITY....

cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.