Mid back pain on the left for the past week? Kidney or muscular?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I'm 23 and I've been experiencing pain in the middle left side of my back for a week now. I've had no other symptoms apart from a very slight burn at the end of my urination in the morning. No blood in urine, no fever, no nausea or vomiting.

My doctors doesn't think I have a UTI or anything and I've had a urine culture sent off that came back negative.

The only thing that possibly made me think it has something to do with my kidney is that I went to the urologist last year and he said I have a dilated left ureter and my left kidney is slightly full but I was told to drink lots of water and have done and it's been fine.

I don't know if this back pain mirrors up with that or it's just a coincidence. I'll be going back to the doctors next week to make sure.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

EDIT: The pain is not constant. It's dull and comes on when watching TV and at the office working. No sharp pains etc...

• Posted

I went through a similar pain years ago. First to GP then to Urologist then to orthopedic surgeon. No help after the bacteria urine tests proved negative. Turned out is was a sciatic nerve problem from lifting and carrying 3/4 inch plywood. I went through over a month of back pain, then butt pain on one side (as if kicked by a mule), then hamstring, then calf. Each was over a couple months long. Turned out while the pain was in the location of the kidney it was not related   I can't understand the burning at the end of urination. 

I had a bout of"plumbing problems" in 2015 starting with urine turning bright red. Testing put me under the knife (malignant floating tumor, balloon in the bladder wall, relocated the ureter).  I can just say if you feel you have a good doctor, keep looking. I have a lot of confidence in mine. Good luck.  Everyone should drink plenty of water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.