Mid-foot fusion didn't work

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have 2 sets of bones fused in the top of my foot in Dec 2015. I still have a lot of pain in my foot. The CT showed that the bones have not completely fused which is what is causing my pain. My Dr. said there are two options. 1. Drill holes in the bone and fill them with something (like cement) to connect the bones. 2. Total redo of my foot which would include bone graphs and stem cells. Has anyone had either of these that could give me some input? I am now having trouble with my opposite hip which I can't do much about until my foot is fixed. Thanks for any input.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dear pikus i am very interested in you non fusion i too have has the same surgery which did not fuse in april 2016 and still in some pain the surgeon wants me to have repeat surgery but at my age of 79 i will not do that i use mbt shoes and trainers  which help a little also use epsom salts and a magnet called medicur but the pain persists i may have an injection in the foot but it is proving difficult to arrange i am going to an osteopath any help from you or further idea would be great regards jean barker
    • Posted

Jean,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems too. I have had several shots in my foot but for me they don't last very long. I have my appt with my doc on the 13th so I'll let you know what I find out.

• Posted

thank you so much i am truly tired of trying to find a solution to the non fusion best wishes on the 13th regards jean
    • Posted

Jean,

My Dr. Said that I need to have a complete revision with bone graft, stem cells, plates/screws and an external bone stimulator. I'm scheduled for surgery on June 7th. I have a second opinion tomorrow but can't imagine that Dr. saying anything differently. I hope you have a better outcome than I.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.