Mid Foot Fusion Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had Mid Foot Fusion Surgery Nov 30, 2018. Had cast on 8 weeks, now a boot. After cast removed, had large scab on surgery spot. Got infected. Went back to Dr. He pulled scab off and I realized there were NO stitches. Just a gap on my foot. He packed it with silver nitrate sponges and wrapped with antibiotic soaked wet gauze, wrapped with tape. Lots of pain now but wondering about stitches..Is that a normal procedure? Everything I have read there have been stitches..Hope this Dr hasn't messed my foot up..more pain now that after surgery..seems like nerves and the wound. Anyone else have this surgery with no stitches? Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Rose, I was just going through some posts as I'm new here and wondered how you are doing.I hope you got the infection resolved. I know they can be serious and wishing you the best.

• Posted

I had a mid foot fusion and have been experiencing alot of nerve pain. Has this happened to anyone else? And tricks to cope with the pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.