mid to upper left back pain . 10 months now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all ,

I ve written here before , but again im struggling.

My main and biggest issue is left mid back pain. bra line area ..very localised . Ive had this now for almost 11 months, i also devloped real bowel disturbance , which last about 14 wks , but has since cleared up. ive had an endoscopy and a CT colonoscopy, and all GI test were fine. Routine bloods have always been ok. BUT i have this nagging worry this could be pancreatic cancer. Every magazine or news article i see is something about PC and how this back ache should never be ignored Yet not one Dr is entertaining it. Ive had not weight loss.

Then i think that if this was PC surely after 11 months id be a lot worse with other symptoms by now ?

any ideas welcome .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would think after 10 months of symptoms and clear tests it would be very unlikely to be PC. It did take nine months to get a firm diagnosis of PC for me but it was obvious from very early on that there was something wrong with my pancreas and I lost a lot of weight and had excruciating pain most of the time. I also suddenly became very ill with jaundice and biliary sepsis which led to me being hospitalised and the cancer finally being diagnosed. Thankfully, due to surgery and chemo, I've recovered. I've been very lucky.

So the short answer is, yes - if you had PC after this amount of time, you would probably be very ill or dead. Once symptoms show up, it usually progresses quickly. Of course everyone is different and if you're still concerned, see a doctor. No one can diagnose anything over the internet.

• Posted

thanks for your reply

and i have to say this is my rational thinking . my pain is never excruciating , and tbh it really is just in my back But it is every single day varying pain 2 - 6 nothing really make it better or worse !!! its strange

• Posted

Dear Fiona, I am sorry you are worrying so much.

I have gone through the same concerns you have, and very similar symptoms (I had more symptoms than the ones you described). I spent (wasted) months convinced I had something wrong in my pancreas. Spent hours reading things on the internet that made me worry.

I needed a battery of test ended with a (clean) MRI scan to convince myself that I was OK, a part from small gallstones that caused my initial symptoms (that I already knew about).

After the tests ended, I suddenly started to feel better.

It seems that you have gone through many exams so trust your doctors and relax.

• Posted

thanks so much for the reply its the worrying thats so hard

i totally get what your saying

thank you xx

• Posted

Did your small gallstones pass? Or did they keep bothering you for a while till you had surgery? I am new to all of this! No diagnosis as symptoms just started 3 weeks ago that are kind of baffling. Just curious about how this was resolved! Glad you're well!

• Posted

Fiona, I have the exact symptoms of what you described. Have you gotten better? I had my galbladder removed but I have this pain in my left side middle back and nothing else. I direct messaged you. Please check it. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.