Mid/upper backache and sore ribs

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had this a few month ago and it went away a little bit but it's now back I've had it for the last2 days and it's my mid/upper back and Inbetween my shoulder blades my ribs also hurt to touch I've had chest a X-ray a few month ago all was ok anyone any idea what it could be ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

With out know more I would guess that you have pulled a muscle. It would be a good idea to ice the area as much as you can. I realize how hard it will be to ice such a large area especially when you can't reach it. But Ice is your best bet at this point because you're gonna be dealing with some inflammation. Some people will try a hot pad but that can actually aggravate the inflammation. In fact it may feel good at first but it will not help the inflammation in the end. That's my take on it, we'll see what other comments come up

• Posted

What type of pain is it in your back as I have something similar
    • Posted

Hi it's like a aching more than pain and my ribs hurt in different spots aswell have you had a chest X-ray ?

• Posted

Is it constant sort of sharp ache in the back with tender ribs ?
    • Posted

I'm now trying out a tens unit with electrodes attached to my back on either side of the pain area . Hopefully it will take the edge off the pain

• Posted

Had xray a few years ago . Didn't show anything except for my sternum being slightly damaged. Waiting for mri in nine days time on my thoratic spine behind rib cage

• Posted

Do you understand the proper way to place the patches? Placing the patches appropriately is important to it working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.