Middle of chest pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I don’t know what it is, but every so often I will get a achy pain feeling in center of chest when I either bend down, cough, take deep breath, move in different position or press off the chair to get out it hurts, like I said in the past I’ve never had this but since my two afib episodes on beta blocker, aspirin, lexapro it comes and goes, I just had a cardio doc appt I told him but never said anything about it, some tell me it’s muscle sprain but it’s happen few times, I do janitor work at my job but like I said never had this until my afib episodes, if anybody can help please do thank you.

Ps could magnesium help this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If your doctor has ruled out heart issues, it could be costochondritis (rib/cartilage inflammation) or even GERD (reflux), or a muscle strain. With costochondritis, you can sometimes duplicate the pain by pressing into the area where you're feeling it. I get costochondritis from time to time and at first thought it might be a heart attack. Not sure why it started happening after your afib episodes. Did they electro cardiovert you by any chance? My chest hurt for a week or two after that. If it doesn't go away, at some point you may want to get a second opinion.

Jim

Jim

• Posted

Thank you and no just on medicine, I have been carrying heavy boxes last few days
  • Posted

My chest often feels sore and I get sharp pains and if I press between my sternum it feels bruised. It is inflammation so don't worry. Heart pain doesn't just come and go.

• Posted

Thanks for replying almost feels like when I used to lift weights the day after when your sore
    • Posted

Yes exactly the same feeling of pain when I used to be rowing in the gym or pulling weights.
  • Posted

Hi I also get that and a few times the GP has pressed and it is so painful but they said it was muscular pain. I then linked it back to carrying heavy bags upstairs and now when I have done heavy work and I get it I realise what it is.
    • Posted

Thank you I have been carrying heavy boxes this week, I’m 46 and have not done much heavy lifting, so I guess when I do lift something heavy it could cause the pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.