Middle of my chest pain?? Esophagus?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have no idea what this is..  My blood work was good 2 months ago, healthy weight...   But last night at dinner I was getting pains..  In the middle of my breast bone/chest OR even at the very top of my stomach!!   And I'm getting them again today!!  What is this?? It's not swallowing it's the part after swallowing . I searched it and some things popped up-- heart problems- I don't think so..  Acid reflux?? don't know- I guess whatever that is.  Irritation in the esophagus-- could be..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes you can get chest pain with indigestion which can be sore to touch.. I have had this symptom.  See your doctor for disgnosis.
    • Posted

OK thanks....   I guess I'll have to pay close attention to what I'm eating which I don't think is bad at all...  I hate to go to the doctor--just more time and money spent, by him telling me to do a 'food diary'.  But then even drinking water or sometimes just basic swallowing is uncomfortable..    I started taking Cod Liver Oil--Cinnimon flaver about a month ago, I won't take that this week and see what happens..

• Posted

If you have heartburn as well, try an over the counter antacid and avoid greasy, spicy and fried foods.  See if that makes a difference.  Trying a food diary may in fact be helpful in identifying a problem food.  Try this for a week and if you are still getting symptoms, the best thing is to see your doctor.
    • Posted

Yes,  Thank-you!!   Just talked with a few older ladies and there are many foods that they have to avoid because of that...  Mine could be chocolate since I eat quite a bit of it..      And yes, if this goes on-- I will take my food diary to the doctor!!

Thanks again!!!

• Posted

Chocolate can be a stomach irritant as well as coffee because of the caffeine in it. The coco in chocolate can also be a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.