Midnight nausea cured by eating?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone wake up nauseous in the middle of the night? It seems to be cured by eating something. Any advice on this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

l had severe debilitating nausea for months last year, from waking to bedtime, occasionally during the night, later scope showed bit of gastritus and prescribed omprazole which settled it 90percent along with plainer diet and smaller meals. l still get the odd flare ups, but dont last too long. Whilst this was going on and before l,d been getting increasingly tired, often fatigued, to extent of feeling unwell achy off it, sadly thats not improved, continues, but glad nauseas settled, still my sleep pattern is waking up 2-3hrs after sleep, sometimes need wc, but often feel a bit nauseious, and usually have tea and a oat biscuit or 2, slowly settled and fall back asleep 1-2hrs later for 3.4hrs, sometimes can also wake up a bit nauseous but omp and tea breakfast biscuit can settle it. l dont know why it happens, maybe someone will. 
  • Posted

Hi

I have daily nausea and can't physically move before taking anti nausea medication. My seems to be more movement based. I have to sit still for about 20 mins every morning to let the tablet take affect. At night I have to take time moving to a lying down position as if I go too fast I feel nauseous. I don't know what causes it and it just started out the blue but it has had a major effect on my life. 

Paz

• Posted

Mine was same, quite bad all the time but worse with movement, make life a nightmare, trying to do jobs in house, 5 min done snails pace and had to sit for half hour to let it settle a bit, As for going out shopping. walked l0yd 5min and it debilitated, stood or sit preferably for l0min, try another 5min walk, Waking up and even trying to get dressed brought it on, and like you even laying down or turning over, 

Although a scope showed a bit of gastritus gastrologist didnt think it should cause level of nausea it did, and most with gastritus dont get severe nausea, more pain discomfort, so l was no wiser why it started suddenly or what caused it, but so glad omprazole and lighter diet reduced it 90percent, just more niggles  shorter  term now,just to remind me  l think, Good luck

• Posted

Lynne I tried so many different types of meds - cyclizine works a treat, I can function normally once it kicks in. I had everything including CT scans to find the cause but they don't know what causes it. 

Paz

• Posted

Glad the cyclizine is working for you, its so weird, there must be a cause for it, theyve just not found it,  l,m not too bad now due to meds and diet, never want to have that permanent, soul destroying. Glad were ok with that at least. 
  • Posted

No nausea, but meds messed with my hunger feeling. Sometimes comes as weekness sometimes as sweating. At night I alwasy get up and eat something when I feel that.

Not on meds now, but years of taking meds causing it. I think the hunger feeling has to do with hormones, but nausea (if not a hunger feeling) can be stomach issue. good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.