Mierna Hives

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help!! I got the Mierna back in October of 2016. The worst decision of my life and I feel like I was pressured into it! January/February of 2017 I began to get what looked like little hives all over my arms. They would itch or intensify at night time when it's cool. It began to worsen and appear every night with an occasional lip swelling but be gone on the morning or mid day. My obgyn office couldn't see me for a while to remove it so I did some research and removed it myself. The doctor who put it in told me it's just like taking out a tampon slow and gentle. I removed the mierna with no problem. Two days later I bleed for a two days which I told was normal. During that time my hives flared up and I thought it was a case of my body just removing the resude left over. March no cycle but the hives continued and this time they weren't leaving as quick as they came. My hives remained on my body all day and there was constant itiching. The end of march into April my hives have become ridiculous unbearable to the point where I have not slept and stay up and cry. My skin looks awful but more importantly they hives have spread literally all over my body. My face, hands,neck, arms and legs. What started off as small circles here and there have become massive. My skin is raised and inflamed. I feel like I am on fire all the time. I also began my first cycle I'm only 24 and terrified that this has ruined my life since the birth of my son in August 2016. It makes it extremely hard to care for my 7month old. I just don't understand why it's getting so worse after I've already removed it. Benadryl (in both forms) doesn't work neither does hydrocortisone. Has this happened to anyone else? Does any one have any suggestions? Any comments or advice is truly appreciated! Thank you in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mierna.....is that for birth control?  Have you tried taking an antihistamine like Allegra or Zyrtec?  When I was younger That is what helped to control the hives.  It sounds like Urticaria (hives).  Ask your doctor about this treatment.  You may have to take more than one a day.  Are you nursing your son...if so ask doctor if okay to take meds. Most important Makita....please try not to stress as that can make hives worse. hang in there girl...you will be okay...your body is going through a lot of changes right now.

keep us posted.

Wendy

• Posted

So sorry to hear all the problem your having but I'm the same rash so bad especially at night and it's driving me crazy. Going to doctor on April 11 and there thinking of injecting me with Xolair and every injection cost $1500.00 and he said might need 4 injections so I'm still waiting to see if my plan will accept this but if not I can't take it then to expensive. I had this rash over 3 years now and it's getting worse just like you even in the face sometimes and like you all over my body and even part you wish you wouldn't get it if you know what I mean. I know this doesn't help you but want to let you know that others are like you and I wish you so much lucky to get rid of this crazy itch so bad. Take and lots of luck and if you find a cure please please let me know. Thank you Makita

• Posted

Hello

i am in the United States.  Contact the maker of Xolair as they will work with your insurance and will only cost under $20.00.  Your doctor should inform you of that.  Do research on Xolair...I'm sure you will find it.  I had the Xolair injections for a few months but it did not work for me but does to others.  I paid $5.00 each injection. my hives were severe...Chronic Urticaria.

I found a new doctor she had me slowly go up on Cyclosporine then added Prednisone then extremely slow taper took a year to go down on both but I have been hive free for over a year now.  I am only taking 3 mg of Prednisone now...next month down to 2 mg.  Have been off cyclosporine for many months.  I have enjoyed quality of life!  I have an amazing doctor...she knows how to treat this. Are you in the US?

there is HOPE!!

wendy

• Posted

Wow, I'm so glad for you Wendy cause I know how it feels with this itch and it's driving me crazy. Thanks for letting me know that I should be cover with this but not sure cause I'm in Canada. So, glad now you will have a normal life without this bad rash and itch, good luck and hope it's stays gone, Thanks for replying to me and I hope everything turns out good for me to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.