Might be a silly question, but is it normal to bruise after a nerve conduction study?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had one done a few days ago (ulnar nerve)

(no EMG), and the day after some bruises show up.

Again might be a silly question, but thought i would ask anyway just in case.

Thanks...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't of thought so ive had 4 and never bruised

• Posted

I had 4 as well (all in the last 4 months), (1, four months ago. 2, a month ago. 3rd and 4th time this month within two weeks of each other) the 3rd left a small bruise, but the 4th left like 3-4 bruises.

I've looked online, but no where i looked said its normal to get bruises after a NCS (only an EMG, which i didnt get).

• Posted

Ye emg leaves small bruises but if you didnt have that its strange as there only little pads they put on

• Posted

If you have a needle EMG you can get bruising. Do you have any throbbing pain? If you do, I would speak to your doctor because I got severe pain and bruising after a blood test and it turned into permanent neuralgia which cannot be fixed.

• Posted

I've had two on my right foot and leg the first was done about 10 and I think I had a some bruising but I had one last week and it left a softball size bruise on the back of my leg right above the bend of my knee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.