Might have PCOS but haven’t been diagnosed by a medical professional yet

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Idk if anyone will read this but I really need help.

For the past four weeks, I’ve been really unwell. It all started on May 21st (only lasted for 4 days) when I had an abnormal bleed two weeks after my period. 

My periods are normally regular, my cycle lasts 28 days and I bleed for 4-7 days heavily.

Symptoms for the past four weeks:

Joint pain

Body shape has changed

Breasts are more firm/enlarged/heavier

Nipples are dry and darker than normal

I have been having pain/tightness/discomfort/twitching/hardness in my stomach (mostly my lower abdomen is swollen)

My stomach is usually very soft and I have extra back fat but all of that has gone since being unwell

Veins are more visible than normal in my breasts, legs and arms

My discharge hasn’t been normal either, it was white cottage cheese like and since yesterday it has turned into a light brownish colour 

My cervix is more swollen than usual

I was feeling lightheaded/weak/numb

Neck pain

Fatigue

Trouble sleeping 

I’ve taken 6 pregnancy tests and all negative (3 at urgent care (bc of my lower abdomen pain) , 2 at a clinic and one clearblue test)

I also wanted to know if having skin tags are a sign of PCOS?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi sara90186

Sounds like possible insulin resistance...But that's only a guesstimate seeing I am not a qualified Doctor... Tell Dr your symptoms and/or ask to do a Gluten Tolerance Test (GTT)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.