Might havw serious blood vessel problems in my lower left leg and foot

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Ive always assumed ive had restless leg syndrome for over a decade in my left leg but in the past couple of weeks it has become concentrated in the bottom part of my leg and particuarly my foot. It used to twitch quite often but now it's like a constant throbbing/dull pain and its really starting to worry me. I did ring my doctor today but was unable to speak with me until tomorrow. Just to be clear i do have a serious dependency to benzodiazepines but they actually made my "restless leg symptoms" go away but now its back and its alot worse. I am fairly certain these symptoms are happening in my blood vessels like high blood presuure or something like that, at least thats what it feels like. Any advice? Ive considered ringing an ambulance because it really feels like this could be a serious thing. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

did you let your doctors office know of your symptoms? If not you might want to do that and ask about an ambulance. Just in case of a blood clot potential?
  • Posted

Ok so i rung my doctors and i was not able to speak with my usual doctor. This other doctor was quite rude and kept asking me what she could do for me or how she could help me. This was after i explained my symptoms. I asked about an ambulance but she just said you should come down for a check up but since i live several miles from there and my foot really hurts i said that wasnt possible. And that was it, no advice as to what it could possibly be and she kept insisting i come down to the doctors office even though i told her i wasnt able to. I made an appointment for tomorrow because i can get a lift down then but until then i guess ill just wait it out. Thanks
  • Posted

Go to your appointment and let them get this problem sorted. Tell them all your symptoms  and make sure you are happy with what they say. If you still feel you need an ambulance after that call one. 
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice guys. Turns out i have higher blood pressure than normal and that because of the way i sit in my chair the blood vessels were likely being strained because of pressure on my left leg. I was prescribed a short prescription of blood thinners and advised to sit properly. So luckily it doesnt seem like anything serious but i had to check because you never know. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.