Might it be Anxiety causing all of that ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I will try to make the story short. Therefore it'll be in point form:

• March 20th had an affair with a lady in Western Africa (did not penetrate totally but naked hump with her fluids dripping).

• Felt sick 2 days after including uncontrolled diarhia and vomitting.

-Uncontrolled Mycosis appeared on penis with cracks on the head (as I never had crack on the dick before)

• 2 weeks later dry bumps started to appear on forehead (purple) and lips started to get crispy. unexplainable fatigue started to appear needed Nap more than often to continue my day. Could Nap on my work chair

• Went back to homeland (Canada) tested for all STDs. Herpes Type 1 came back positive which explained the blisters and inconfort on lips.

• Made another test after window period, still come back as negative. Sore Throat symptoms started to appear and muscles as well as joint pain appeared.

• Later on, feet's symptoms appeared

• sensation of burning under feet

-Athlete foot wrinkles around nails

-Feel like feet be swollen

-White vertical line on nail starting from nail roots to tip of toes

• Still feeling sick after around 6 weeks couple bumps on foreheads still visible (might be heat bumps)

• Still feel tired but nothing compare to the beginning of symptoms.

• Noticed curved nails on toe and swollen lymph node still present. Actually feeling it in my jaw.

• African Partner (lady) went for HIV testing and came back negative. She could still be in her window period or lying.

-Today my nails are between blue and red and seems like clubbing a little.

-Last night could not sleep as I was sweaty in a night full of nightmares

-The fatigue still here. But I still test negative. Almost 4 months after.

my question is: can seroconversion take more than 16 weeks with symptoms lasting that long?

If I have all those symptoms for so long, should I not be testing positive?

Ps: 1) Anxiety made me a heavy smoker (1/2 pack a day) which can affect my throat and fingernails.

2) I have really bad back problems (Disk Herniation).

Thanks already

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

burning feet is a symptom of hiv.

first, flu-like symptoms happen because your body is reacting to HIV. Your immune system is trying to fight it off. The symptoms at this stage can include:

Fever

Headache

Upset stomach

Sore throat

Swollen glands

Rash

• Edited

Do not have fever.

Seems like swollen glands might have been my wisdom teeth,

And no apparent Rash.

Only thing that stayed really is my nail changes as they are becoming blue/red .

Will re-do the HIV test at the end of the month and hopefully will stay negative.

Gotta tell you, anxiety is taking the best of me right now.

• Edited

ok, thats good, definitely keep an eye out and write down all the weird things that continue to happen to your body. The anticipation is always stressful when you dont know what’s going on in your body. Best of luck.

• Posted

Just to keep the community updated. I did a HIV test yesterday which marked my 4th month after exposure. It came back negative. Although I keep having symptoms and am really anxious about them.

Noticed new symptoms on my genitals and which seems like a yeast infection which does not seem to want to go away since exposure. Also nails keep changing as I noticed lines on my big toe nail and finger nails seems like changing color to become red/purple. Also fatigue still here and difficulty to sleep as well. Maybe because of anxiety, maybe it is actually HIV.

Now I am wondering if it is actually a thing that people get tested positive after more then 4 months. I read that after 3 month it is most likely not to be HIV. Although my doctor keep saying that after that 3 months window period, I am safe from HIV, I keep wondering. Has it happen to anyone in this community to test positive way after the 3 months marks.

Cheers.

• Posted

If you have tested negative after 4 months, it is highly unlikely that you have HIV. You should get another test after 6 months just to be extra, extra sure. Good luck!

• Posted

Hopefully !!!!! Thanks Jane

I am wondering now if it is not Coronavirus after all. As my nails are a mess.

Also I have diffuclty to breathe sometimes, as if my asthma is trying to come back.

And for my feet burning sensation, it may be my disc herniated disc.

• Posted

Sure!

Yeah, it could be anything really, but probably not HIV. Good luck with everything!

• Posted

Hi Jane and the commynity,

Just wanted to keep people updated. I am still negative at 5 and half months.

I am supposed to receive some more results from abroad (as I am in Africa right now) on saturday and hopefully I am still negative.

I am still worries tbh as I still feel my lymph system and now not only the neck but also the groin and the armpit.

Hopefully everything will be fine after all.

Stay safe people,

Cheers,

• Posted

hello, dealing with same symptoms except for the nails! tested negative with rapid test at 97 days , what abou you now any news?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.