Migraine?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Need some answers please... Had a headache for three weeks often very severe but mostly about a 5. I was taking 600 ibuprofen 2 a day with no relief. Tuesday this week my symptoms increase with arm numbness and numb face on left side only I was also dizzy. Went to ER. Left side weakness and left pupil not dialating. Ct scan and Mri were normal. Released me with migraine diagnosis. Four days later and symptoms are still here. I have an

Appt. with my primary dr. On Monday. Any ideas? Feel very slow like in a fog.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i have a migraine problem today so I am reading about migraines..and came upon your post.

Did they say bloodwork was ok?  Sometimes with anemia..you can get a chronic headache.

• Posted

Hi,

Well firsly taking 600mg of Ibuprofen at a time will do you know good, like damage your digestive system,

But the symptoms you are getting are like hemiplegic migraine, I know because this is what I have.

Think about Botox, this is a recognised treatment for it along with Topirimate, but I couldnt take this.

If you live in UK you can get Flunarizine, its the best drug for this condition.

Good luck

• Posted

Yes I know the issues with ibuprofen that's why I'm not taking anything. Just dealing with the pain now. Thank you.

• Posted

I take Imitrex (Sumitrptan) for headaches.

• Posted

I use Rizatriptian ODT at the onset of a migraine and lay down and try to nap if I am able.
    • Posted

Thank you. Because this is my first I just wanted to get an idea of my symptoms compared to others. I will ask my dr. About the recommended medications at my appt.
  • Posted

All I can say is I've had many types of migraines over the years. Visual migraine with aura no headache. Auditory with no headache. Headache for a week. And finally the worst a hemiplegic migraine which really knocked me sideways for a good couple of months. Worst thing was I couldn't drive and therefore couldn't work or earn. I'm feeling OK at the moment but am fearful for the next time, so am finding it difficult to make plans for my life. The only meds prescribed have been aspirin full dose whilst you have the migraine and 75mg daily since my HM. The downside is tinnitus which is a side effect of taking aspirin. I'm seeing my consultant next week so I can discuss this further. A good consultant is key as long as they understand the nature of migraines.

• Posted

Good to know thank you. The three week headache is not what I thought a migraine would be. Some days it's really bad but overall I can deal with it. The scary part is the numbness of my arm and face on my left side (same side as the headache) and my eye feels like it's pulling down but it's not noticeable if you lol at it. I do t have any sensitivity to light or sound. So I'm stumped.

• Posted

Stumped yes I can understand because although migraines are not life threatening just life limiting I suppose there's not enough research.,and the worst thing is most people say oh it's just a headache! Just nod because only someone who has been through the same thing can truly understand.

• Posted

Do you have any neck or back pain? Sounds like something I started having some months back, but I suffer from RSD in left leg and foot. However my headaches started becoming more frequent and severe. The ER did the scans and everything normal. Went to a rheumotogist who did the AVISE tests, all normal. I have a appt with my pain management dr on Monday to get a radio frequency ablation on the left side neck, I had the right done already.
  • Posted

Sounds like cluster headache to me.

migraine has different presentation to what you describe and requires different treatment.

you need a clear diagnosis, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.