Migraine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone heard of or done a Daith piercing.  How about accupuncture

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've heard of it and looked up reviews, think its a bit like Botox, it works for some but not others.

• Posted

Tried acupuncture, didn't work for me 

• Posted

I have a daith piercing I got it 3 years ago when my migraines started. It never eases them for me. I guess it depends on the severity of the migraines and if you have any migraine conditions. Everyone is different. Acupuncture always works different on everyone too. I am asking about the Botox injections have you tried them??
    • Posted

Like you say, everyone is different. I've had Botox 3x's. Nothing. I've thought of the piercing. Especially with the weather changing, the migraines are worse.

• Posted

I had a death piecing done 6 months ago and hasn't helped migraines but I love the piecing. I'd say well worth trying. Also tried acupuncture .. again didn't help me but everyone is different. Good luck

• Posted

hello aetl

I asked my chiropractor and an osteopath about this as I am prepared to try anything to find a solution to my headache.

It was suggested that as it would have to be an extremely well positioned pierce and it would be best to try and find an acupuncturist as oppose to an ear piercing establishment. I couldn't find an acupuncturist who thought it would be worthwhile for me. It does seem to work for many people but that's all I know I'm afraid.

• Posted

I used to get acupuncture and it helped, but I had to move and I noticed my migraines had more pain then usual. I hope this helps 

yona~

• Posted

Thanks yona,

Actually my husband is an accupuncturist and had migraines as a child/teenager.  He doesn't get them anymore.  He has helped people with migraines.    

It's my daughter (22 yrs. old) who has the migraines but she doesn't live close by.  She studies and had a job in retail but the lights of the store were awful.  She doesn't get them as often as she used to.  We hope she will grow out of the migraines as her dad did.

Have  you tried accupressure too?  My husband thinks it's very helpful, and it's something you can do to yourself or someone else can help you with (and it's free).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.