Migraine and cluster headache HELL

Posted , 3 users are following.

HELLO

If there's any migraine sufferers out there have you tried vitamin B2 400mg and magnesium?

I came off piztofen about 2 months cus the weight gain was making me miserable. I was fine at first but ad 2 migraines this week and always got headache. I did some research and found out about B2 and magnesium. Could anyone let me know their experiences if they have tried these vitamins for migraine prevention.

My order won't arrive for a couple of weeks and then it takes a while for bits to kick in.

Many thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Tracy, I am so sorry you're still suffering. Yes it was recommended that I take 500 milligrams three times a day of magnesium glycinate. it's easier to digest and you have less problems with diarrhea period I also take a vitamin B complex not just the two alone. I think the Magnesium has helped me the most even when I start feeling like I'm getting a migraine I can take the 500 milligrams and feel better. If I need it 2 or 3 hours later I just take it again and I do real well with that. I am currently also looking into neurofeedback to see if that may be an option because I do not do well with all the side effects of medication. I hope this helps

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I'm really hoping these vitamins will work. I read that I was to take 400g of magnesium! Could find that high a  dose so thought I'd take 2 and double up. I'm hoping I've bought the right magnesium. It's called magnesium citrate 160mg.

Really glad it's working for you.

The B2 I ordered is Ribofavin 400mg and had really good reviews from migraine sufferers. Fingers crossed.

Ill let you know how I go on! Be a while before I get them as they are being shipped from America!

Thank you Tracet

• Posted

Hi everyone 

Been on magnesium and B2 for a week now. No difference as yet but early days.

Really worried about going out for my hubbys 50th on Saturday 

Dont wanna spoil it by comin home early with a bangin head and sickness.

Any tips for drinkin alcohol and not gettin a migraine? Help

Many thanks to those who read this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.