Migraine and isolation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am increasingly isolated due to chronic migraine. How do people cope with this? I can't keep up with my full time job as my employer is useless at providing support to people who need any kind of help. I am on the verge of getting signed off but fear the consequences as a single wage earner wth a mortgage. Feel very worried. Any advice anyone?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Any family that can be around you for support? Any support groups? My son is 25 and I have had him stay with me while he deals with his headaches. We saw every kind of doctor available and finally narrowed it down to side effects of him not having his wisdom teeth taken out as a teenager, they became severely impacted and damaged some nerves. Now he has been recovering slowly, the problem manifested itself as TMJ (Google that if you don't know what it is), but things are getting better. Meanwhile family is the only recourse.window.post_1492616493060_9 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}window.post_1492616501722_40 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}

• Posted

Thank you. Funnily enough, have always wondered about wisdom teeth. Saw a Dr years ago about TMJ but nothing much came of it. Will ask my Dentist again. Support groups will be my answer. Definitely need some support in any case. It's just finding them. Will google this. Glad your son is on the mend.😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.