Migraine and nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had no periods now for over 10 years. Since they stopped I have had increasing migraines and or nausea. Have tried everything from amitriptyline to acupuncture. No help. Occasionally have a week or so with no headache but usually feel as if I am getting or getting over one. The nausea is debilitating.

Any suggestions. I'm 57 .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would try hormones. I am currently reading a book by Dr. Vliet. She explains that a lot of migraines can be induced by lack of estrogen. I think it would be worth a try to find a Dr that will either prescribe you a bcp or some bioidentical hormones.
    • Posted

Thank you. I had been wondering about this..not having great luck with Gp but will give this a push !
  • Posted

I have heard Ginger works for nausea.. Tea, candy, cooking with it...  Doesn't hurt to try.   I used to get headaches and many times they were right before my period and lasted for about 2 days.  These were debilitating to me..  I've also been proactive about my teeth and started oil-pulling about a year or so..  It just so happens that I don't get these headaches anymore.  If I do feel a twinge I take IB's and drink a lot of water.  I also take sinus meds at this time too. And the headaches never get out of hand.  I really believe it's the oil-pulling b-cuz it's all connected somehow..

• Posted

Do you take anything for migraines? I take antihistamines as I was getting migraine auras which seem to help but I dont take them all the time as I dont like taking tablets excessively but they did seem to help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.