Migraine Associated Vertigo - Anyone have luck with a cure?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello my friends,

?First time on here, so here it goes.

?I'm not going to go into everything because this has been going on for over 10 years. My doctor has confirmed that my vertigo is caused by migraines but they have been pretty useless with any results.

?I have had blood tests, MRI's, Balance tests, and tried every medication they think might help, none has. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck, as I haven't worked for 8 months and it is driving me insane.

?I used to be a happy man, but now I am a shell of myself. I've started putting on weight, as I struggle to go to the gym. My future plans are going to hell and it's not fair on my girlfriend. She is awesome, but I fear I may have to break up with her as she will have a dull future if I stay with her.

?I've even had suicidal thoughts, which is very unlike me. I'm sick of people and doctors saying it will get better. I've wasted 12 years of my life on this, I can't waste another 12 or worst.

?If you have any mixtures of medication that cured or at least minimised your symptoms, please let me know. I can't go on like this.

Thanks you beautiful people,

Terry

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi terry00751,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Terry

I hear you and I want to say it's good that you've come onto the site as it is so helpful to share with people who have similar experiences as we understand.

I've always had migraines and I used to get vertigo as well. I was told it was part of the migraine experience until after 5 years a different doctor diagnosed it as labyrinthitis. There are different sorts but he gave me  Prochlorperazine which helped the dizziness.

I have been in a similar situation and I was prescribed Mirtazipine which helped combined with CBT to help with thoughts of self harming. 

• Posted

Hi Terry,I sympathise with you as I also suffer with this and the terrible thing is you look so normal but everything is spinning and making you feel sick.Sturgeron helps a bit but mostly i stay indoors until it subsides.Do you get tinnitus and pressure in the ears as well?
  • Posted

Hi Terry,

I was just wondering do you get the usual migraine symptoms also, the bad headache , bright lights intolerance and all the other symptoms or do you get silent migraines and just get the vertigo. I am asking as I don`t want to suggest something that may not be of help to you as we all get different symptoms. Sorry for not being of much use but I will reply again if you let me know. Take care .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.