MIgraine attack, numbness, icy brain, temporary vision loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello anyone suffered from migraine attack, icy brain and temporary vision loss? Is it only a simple headache or something bigger. Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's migraines are different. I get numbness in my face, you might not get that. 

But anything that causes vision loss, even temporary, should be investigated. 

Id start with your GP and ask for X-rays or scans. Might be nothing more than a factor of your particular migraines.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply dear. yes am having an appointment this weekend at an ophtamologist. hopefully its not serious. 
  • Posted

Have a look at ocular or retinal migraines they can cause temporary loss of vision. The first time I had one of these it was extremely scary however my sight did return to normal. It could also be migraine aura if you don't usually suffer with any visual aura it could be something new and is definitely worth getting checked out as hollyberry said. Heat bags or ice packs are good but I find its generally either or. I'm a heat bag fan I can't tolerate cold so maybe try them both. Hope you feel better soon. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you RachRoux. I have developped floaters since some month, maybe its something related to my eyes itself. I felt severe pain at my eyeball  and during my sleep something burst into my head and had some cold effect in my brain. Migraines are so hard and scary. Hopefully this weekend i will be able to rule out this problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.