Migraine aura after 18 months with out one

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, after having my daughter in 2017 i started experiencing auras with out the headache that lasted 20-30mins. after trying for over a year to find out why they were occurring i decided to go back onto the contraception pill to try stop them. i was successful in preventing them for 18 months. today, however i woke up to one. i am devastated as they cause alot of anxiety in me and i am worried they will start up again. has anyone experienced a similar thing, having auras that disappeared for a period of time and then returned? i am trying to work out why they may have returned.

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've suffered with migraine auras for years. They are the most frightening thing. The past 12 months i started to get them almost weekly so i decided to go to see my GP. He prescribed me Propranolol. I started taking them and for the first 3 months i didn't get one aura. Now they have started up again plus add to that the slight weight gain that the Propranolol have caused. I've decided to stop with the meds and my mind set at the minute is that i'm just gonna have to live with the auras 😦

• Edited

I get those ocular migraines too. Mine seem to come seasonally. Usually Sept/|Oct and then in March/April.

I have done some research on the connection between migraine/octular migraines and low vitamin d. It appears there is a connection. Oddly my vitamin D was very low back in December. I started taking vitamin d and have not had an ocular migraine. Hmmm.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.