migraine behind right eye for months/down to 83 lbs....

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been experiencing persistent migraines behind my right eye for months now, I am on a preventative medication that does me no good and has caused me to go from 105 lbs to 83 lbs. my doctor shows zero concern and tells me I require no scans or bloodwork (he just shoved meds at me) 

please someone help

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

let us know what happens    hang in there and I am sending positive thoughts you can beat this thing down.  That being said I feel a migraine coming on me today (just about every day frankly) GRRRRR
  • Posted

Audrey, so sorry you are having to deal with these headaches. I have had them for 40+ years. In the last 5 years or so I have had pain in my left eye. At first I thought the pain in my eye was causing me to get a headache. I subsequently determined that my eye was slightly twitching, nothing you can see but I could put my fingers on it and feel it. I have taken them all!! Consider seeing a neurologist that specializes in Migraines. I still don't have mine under control but at least I'm not having them everyday!!! The thing I have found that helps when the migraine meds don't knock it out is taking a generic Adivan to help me relax/sleep. This is an addictive medication and shouldn't be taken as a replacement. My neurologist explained that meds everyday just cause rebound headaches. Good luck and just remember every dr is not a good fit for you! Just keep looking!!
    • Posted

Hi Donna, I suffered for years with migraines that lasted for four days, two or three times a month. When my doctor put me on water tablets for border line blood pressure my bad migraines ceased. I now get them months apart and not as bad as I used to.😊
  • Posted

Dear Audrey, please be advised that your symptoms sound like cluster headaches. I only recently learned what they are and was diagnosed quickly, thankfully. The solution for me has been Sumatriptan. Mention to your doctor or neurologist that it may be apossibility as it is rare and a fast and correct diagnosis may relieve you of your unnecessary suffering. I wish you the best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.