Migraine Diagnosis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I saw a neurologist last week and he diagnosed me with chronic migraines. I am a 60 year old healthy male. In early April of this year, I started to experience mild dizziness with mild nausea. Since that time, my dizziness and nausea have increasingly become moderate to moderate+ at times with no vomiting. Associated headaches have been mild to moderate, nothing too extreme. I have had symptom free days, but they have become few and far between in the past few weeks.

I also have some facial tingling with weakness especially in the arms during episodes. I have been tracking with Migraine Buddy. In any given day, I can have up to 2 or 3 episodes with relatively normal periods in between. Sometimes I have no headache like a silent migraine. I have not had any visual aura symptoms.

My mom has had severe migraines as well as my daughter. Prior to April, I’ve never experienced symptoms like this. I did have my first Phizer vaccination on March 31, about 5 days before the dizziness started.

My neurologist started me on a regimen of magnesium, Vit B2, and Coenzyme Q10. I was also diagnosed, by a vestibular Physiotherapist, with unilateral vestibular hypofunction. I am doing daily gaze stabilization and other rehab exercises.

To me this doesn’t seem like migraine activity. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have a similar experience to what I am experiencing? Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.