Migraine Help......

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

For the last several years i have struggled with Migraines, if i dont catch it early enough i suffer for it. My Migraines can last for days at a time, a dark room and sleep does not always help.

I have the start of one today and am trying not to dwell on it too much else i can make it worse with stress, i am at work and i have to limit the amount of computer screen work i do.

Any tips for reducing the migraines please?

I dont drink a lot off coffee or eat that much chocolate as these can be triggers for me, now it seems the weather is more a trigger at the moment.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried 'Migralens' specs for screen work?
    • Posted

Hi

What are they as i already have glasses for computer work and driving

• Posted

Hi again

Actually I just bought mine from Amazon.  They're a bit like coloured sunglasses and you can get some that fit over your usual specs.  I used them for the week of migraine that I just suffered and did find I could watch TV and check my e mails without exacerbating the pain.  You can check the reviews on Amazon.  Sorry I can't tell you more just now but I just thought it may be some help to you. 

• Posted

Hi

I will have a look on amazon later and see

thanks

• Posted

I had never heard of these until I saw your post.  I was intrigued by them but don't have £40 spare to experiment with them.  However, yesterday I had the feeling that a migraine was coming and I cut some strips from a green plastic mineral water bottle and put it over my eyes and it had a very dramatic effect - my eyes felt less strained immediately and I didn't go on to develope a migraine.   Not a scientific test by any means (!), but I couldn't believe how soothing it was.  Thanks for your post.
    • Posted

Oh that's great, we should start manufactuing 'recycled' ones and set up shop!  I don't know why the Migralens cost so much as they don't seem very substantial to me.  I did wonder whether the ones you get for 3D movies would do the same job as they look rather similar!
  • Posted

Hi,

You don't say whether you're under the care of a neurologist or not.  In general, stress and anxiety as well as depression contribute to migranes.  Not to mention diet:  chocolate, dairy (cheese) wine, gluten products, etc.  Different meds work for different sufferers.  Read up on the internet and follow up with a doctor.  I am searching and have daily migraines for nearly 14 years now.  Oh yes, and weather is a big factor.  Today it is raining and I am going to bed early!  Also wear sunglasses outdoors; protect your eyes from the light.  Good luck.  One day at a time.

• Posted

Hi

I am not under the care of a neurologist been advised to log migraines by my GP for now although he did not seem that concerned.

I have to limit Cheese, Wine and chocolate as they are triggers for me.

Thank you for your advice smile

• Posted

Yes, Dawn, good idea to log migraines.  I have been doing so for several months and they definitely follow a daily pattern.  I believe there is a "rebound" component for mine as well.  I do believe it would be wise for you to see a neurologist.  I have had every test under the sun, nearly every medication, Botox, acupuncture, and always investigating on the Internet.  I'm nearly resigned to it but not liking it one bit.  Good luck--keep on fighting to find help and hopefully a cure.  

Marcie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.