Migraine or something else

Posted , 5 users are following.

so i am having a complete meltdown. im really worried it might be something serious this time. i went out in my works night out on saturday and stupidly ended up having a few drinks (i have avoided this for the past 8 months). anyway i woke up yesterday with an awful throbbing pain in my right temple and around my eye. i thought it could just be a migraine but then today its carried on. however today ive also ive got a weird tingly feeling down one side of my face and my skin on my cheek and around my eye is so so sore to touch. ive never had this before and not sure if it is part of a migraine or could it be something more serious. it also hurts my head when i cough.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to talk with a Neurologist about your new symptoms, I was had similar issues and was diagnosis with Trigeminal neuralgia and found that often my migraines would trigger the Trigeminal Neuralgia and visa versa.

Good Luck

• Posted

You need to talk with a Neurologist about your new symptoms, I was had similar issues and was diagnosis with Trigeminal neuralgia and found that often my migraines would trigger the Trigeminal Neuralgia and visa versa.

Good Luck

• Posted

hi suzanne

sounds like it could be a bad migraine or dehydration if you have had a bit if alcohol i tend to avoid it because of migraines as for tingling as long as not got chest pains or visual disturbance could be just a bad migraine but see how it goes if you get it again see doc just watch the alcohol intake

js

• Posted

Hi Suzanne

I have been following your thread, the bit that shot out to me was when you said it hurts to touch, I am a migraine sufferer, have been diagnosed with various types, not classic ones, mainly the aura types, so have had lots of symptoms in the past few years, I cannot recall, having had a migraine that is sore to touch. I have had head/skull pain which is sore to touch, but didnt put this down to a migraine.

How are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.