Migraine relief?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

Can anyone recommend an otc remedy for migraines?

Have tried prescribed meds in the past but they don't work.

Thanx 😢

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Excedrine  Migraine worked for me.  It does have caffeine in it.  Prescription drug I use Rizatriptian ODT 10 mg......then lay down for a while....works great for me!

hope this helps!

Wendy

• Posted

I just 2 Anacins right away on the onset of the blind spots and zig zagging, and it does seem to nip it in the butt....but if I do not take them right away? I will get a devastating headache..at times I might at times have to take another 2 Anacins in another 4 hrs, but it does keep me from getting the headache real bad..I have never had to take any prescription drugs for my migraines..
  • Posted

Hi Juliannah,

The problem is with migraines the sollution isnt one treatment fits all.  So the meds you had from your dr were just a small amount of different ones they have to treat the condition.

Also, there are many different types of migraine and causes too, some that will require going to see a neurologist.

My advice would be, go back to your gp and say what hasnt worked and ask him to suggest a treatment that includes a reliever and a preventative.

If nothing works go to see a neurologist who can arrange many tests to get you the right treatment.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

• Posted

I agree that everyone's different, but what sometimes works for me is either 2 Paracetamol or 2 Solpadeine (paracetamol and codeine), taken as soon as I notice that a migraine is coming on.  It's usually not effective if the pain has already started. 

Other than that, I find OTC pain relief for migraine pretty useless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.