Migraine several days after period

Posted , 3 users are following.

about 1-2 weeks after my period ends, i always get horrible migraines. i read that mentrual migraines are only before, during, or immediately after your period and they dont have an aura.

My migraines always have a strong aura and leave me half blind and numb and my hands with severe pain in my neck and around my eyes

the only other times i get a migraine is when im pregnant.

any ideas on why i get a migraines so late after my period?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Elizakinn,

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer as to why you get your migraines a week or so after your period. I have suffered from menstrual migraines for 7/8 years. They were always a day before or the first day of my period. Two months ago, I had my first migraine with aura. Holy moley, it scared the wits out of me. I never even heard of an aura before, so I was absolutely terrified. I swear I have PTSD. I am so afraid of it happening again. Weirdly, it happened on the third day of a particularly heavy period.

Perhaps your migraines are tied to ovulation? Have you tracked your cycle? I use the Clue app and it is awesome.

Do your auras scare you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.