Migraine, undiagnosed eye heaviness, chronic acid reflux

Posted , 2 users are following.

my friend aged 58 years female is in terrible condition. She gets almost daily migrain attacks, sometimes twice.... She has severe acid reflux since last 20 years snd almost daily takes anta acid,sometimes vomits white foam

since last 2 years she has developed heaviness in eyes which is still not known

nurologist has started giving her a drug meant for epilepsy which has reduced her migraine attackjs, but still eye heaviness is there ..

doctor has started anti depressants too but no mark improvements...

she is always irritable due to all this

i believe in this forum as people have been so helpful ... If anyone understands. What's going wrong with her..

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

She feels to an extent that eyes will pop out
  • Posted

No Archimedes ... Doctors say nothing wrong with the eye ... They did EEG .For migraine she's taking topaz. What is this medicine gabapentin for? 

• Posted

Gabapentin is used to treat postherpetic neuralgia, neuropathic pain and also used in cases of epilepsy.

Pregabalin is another useful drug which can be used for similar conditions.

Omeprazole is an excellent drug for the treatment of (GERD) Gastroesophageal reflux disease

These drugs can only be obtained through a doctor under prescription.

If you live in the UK then suggest to the lady involved that she ask her doctor for advice as to whether they would be suitable.

Hope that helps 

• Posted

Thnx a lot for ur help... I will tel her about these medicines so that she can consult her doctor about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.