migraines.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys,I just need your opinion on something.for most of this week,I've kept thinking I was going to get a migraine where i dont.I get some vertigo,which is bad at times,but mostly just faint feelings of vertigo.in the past two days I've had tingling in ny fingers,slight confusion,tongue feeling a bit numb or enlarged,occasional colour spots (which might have replaced the usual blind spots i get when I have them) wiggly lines or vision distortions around edge of vision.I have come out of a two montb depression in the last week without medication,so I suppose I'm just checking if other people have felt this with migraines and whether I should pop to the doctors about it.also i get numbness in my nose occasionally and feeling that my throat feels a bit constricted,not to the point of not being able to swallow,but enough to concern me.thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are suffering.  I get some of your symptoms but not all so can only comment on the ones I'm familiar with.  I too get vertigo as well as migraine, which was diagnosed as migrainous vertigo.  It might be an idea to visit your GP to rule out anything else.  I've also had numbness around the face and nose at the beginning and throughout a migraine attack. When I was diagnosed with migrainous vertigo the consultant said the symptoms often resulted in depression because patients couldn't understand what was happening to them.

Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

• Posted

Thanks for your comment.the vertigo is a very new symptom as one of my last migraines last year during a storm involved vertigo or sudden dizziness five minuets before I actually one.it's just concerning me im getting alot more dizziness/vertigo.I've had migraines for nearly 15 years,at first only once a year,but getting more and more in the last three or four years.

• Posted

There could be a reason for it getting worse so it may be worth exploring with your GP. There are medication that might help you and, depending on the cause, alternative treatment to relieve stress.  I've suffered to varing degrees from childhood until now (I'm in my early 60s).  Five years ago I started getting them almost ever day and now it can be every few weeks or a couple of times a week.

I've read from a member on the Forum that Magnesium Glycinate has halted her migraines and I started taking those a few days ago.It's a bit early to tell but I'm hoping it will work for me!

Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi there. I also get vertigo at times with migraine. I have discovered that a high intake of salt is the trigger. Watch your salt (sodium) consumption and eat more potassium rich foods such as bananas and sweet potatoes. I would see your doctor though to rule out the throat constrictions etc. Could you be having an allergic reaction to something?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.